We celebrated our 13th year last November and an interesting year it turned out to be. Sadly our dependable and trusted member and “Chef du Sausage” Steve Mellows moved up North in the Autumn 2018 after many, many, years in Willingham. Also to Jim Mullins from Haddenham, who frequented and indeed spoke many times over the years. They moved to Leicestershire last September 2018.
We have had day trips to Lavenham; Bury St Edmunds; and in 2019 a second visit to Mersea Island and the Company Shed for a delicious fresh fish/shell fish lunch. We invited St Martin’s Men’s Breakfast so around 22 of us set off in the morning and walked a leisurely 6 mile section of the the Island’s estuary into Mersea.
In June three of us joined St MMB on their annual trip a long weekend again to the Lakes; Derwent Hostel and some great mixed ability walking including Cat Bells; High Seat; Bleaberry Fell and of course Keswick itself.
Quote from SL of Cambridge, first time at WMB … “I would like to say how much I enjoyed the Men’s Breakfast morning at Willingham. The food was great, excellent talk and everyone there was very friendly….”
As a men’s group sharing Christian values and personal stories, each month this year we welcome guest (mainly) speakers talk on their own “Heroes of the Faith”; from St Thomas to Billy Graham, from Martin Luther to Adrian Plass.
Third Saturday of the month at Willingham Baptist Church, CB24 5LJ 0745 am – 0900hrs
- Jan 18 Billy Graham – Mike Beasley
- Feb 15 Polycarp – Stephen Leeke
- Mar 21 (Celtic Breakfast) Lord Shaftesbury – Pete Sacre
- Apr 18 Martin Luther – Dave Baker
- May 15 St. Martin – Glenn Myers
- Jun 20 (Continental Breakfast)
- Jul 18 (Classic Breakfast)
- Aug 15 (Classic Breakfast)\
- Sep 19 (American Breakfast) & Day trip to Open House, London
- Oct 19 Christian Heroes – Malcolm Wylie
- Nov 20 (Classic Breakfast)
- Dec 11 (Full English Breakfast) Christmas Talk
- Thu Mar 26 7:30pm Of Gods and Men (film) – local home venue TBC
- Thu Nov 24 7:30pm Invictus (film) – local home venue tbc